Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sowing, Destiny

Here some quick food for thought. I don't believe in the "Power of Positive Thinking" in that my positive thoughts have some form of power to transform the physical world around me. I have had people respond to one of my pessimistic comments say something to the effect of "words are powerful, by saying something (negative) you may make it happen." Well, that is not exactly true, but thoughts and words are powerful in that they affect people. For example, I can sit in my office thinking that my client will give me a cherry project in Australia and it won't increase the chances of that happening. But, if thoughts of working in Australia are on my mind, and while having conversations with my client I bring up my interest in it, that will increase the chances of it happening-provided the client has such an opportunity available.

I think this quote from today's commentary from Greg Laurie accurately sums it up:
"Sow a thought, reap an act; sow an act, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny."

So, I must be careful with which thoughts I sow because it does, through a long chain of events, have the potential to shape my destiny.

No comments: