Saturday, March 14, 2009

Scrolls, Fossils, Celebrities


We visited the Creation Evidence Museum on the day that Professor Gary Zimmeran conducted a seminar on writing and preservation of Hebrew manuscripts. He had numerous scrolls of the various old testament books. He had an original manuscript of the Torah. I don’t study the history of the Bible, so I know that me and my family did not appreciate the significance of being able to see real hand written scrolls retrieved from the Holy land, that form the content of the Old Testament. My wife and I were able to hold the Torah (with the mantle on it). Amazing.

Dr. Carl Baugh gave a presentation about dinosaur and human footprint fossils discovered in the same archaeological layer, and in some cases, together. This evidence supports the idea that man and dinosaurs lived on earth at the same time.

In addition to the significance of the scrolls, and the fossil findings, I am impressed by the devotion that these two men have to using their lives to serve God. They each are living their lives serving God in the manner that they understand He has called them. Most people probably have not heard of these men, but by my definition, they are true celebrities.




No comments: