Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Homeward Bound

It has been a pretty good trip. I am in the Tokyo airport right now, just doing a quick post. It was sad to say "goodbye" to my friends in Thailand, since I don't have any trips planned to go back. That may have been our last visit. I should treat every goodbye as possibly the last visit, since I actually do not have a guarantee that I will see them again. I don't think it would be appropriate to get all sentimental and such, but just not to take relationships for granted. They are a blessing, and I don't know how long they each will last.
I used to take friends for granted. I thought, "hey, I can always make new friends, no matter where I move." Well, life has proved me wrong. It is not that I can't make friends, it is just that I can't replace the old ones, they are special and can't be replaced.
I can't wait to see my family.
Off to gate 22.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Welcome home! Am anxious to see you and also to hear about your trip.
Love, MOM