Saturday, April 26, 2008

Ready to Go, Again


I board the plane tomorrow, heading overseas again. This will be a short trip, about 9 days, and it should not pose too many challenges. The two-week "break" at home was much needed. Although I still worked from home, primarily editing my movie "Spirits Among Us," plus a few hours here and there supporting the work in Thailand, I got to have some much needed rest. I had not realized how drained I was. My energy level is up again, and it is nice.

I have no profound thoughts right now, I have nothing to whine about, I have no obversations about life, so this is a more boring and pointless post than usual. There is plenty going on in the two weeks I've been home:
-We are getting a new fence in the backyard
-My son has his confirmation tomorrow
-We just spent $1,500 in car repairs
-Our daughter got all "A's" on her report card
-We just bought a hamster
-I caught a kingsnake (with my Mom's help) but let him go yesterday because he just hid all day, too boring. Kingsnakes look much like coral snakes.
-We're are looking at boats, but not having much luck
-I'm now %80 complete with post-production on my movie
-We're making plans for a really cool family vacation in California
-We got our tax return
-My in-laws' dog was hit by a car today and died. We are very sad about that.
So, there is plenty happening, but I'm pretty much just going along through life, with minimal mental activity. It is unfamiliar, but kind of nice.

The photograph has no relevance at all. I took this shot while at the top of the Pattaya Park Tower.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No need to apologize for a routine blog entry. It's good to hear what is going on in your's and your family's lives. It seems that even when you are resting, things are still "happening" all around you.

Hmmm... First there's Cory's Confirmation, next will be his driver's license! Time is marching a little faster than we mortals can keep up with!! I am afraid to ask you where you found the snake!

Have a great trip, and know that prayer warriors will be in the trenches on your behalf.