Friday, July 18, 2008

HFD


My family recently went on a vacation to California, it was great fun. We were there on Father's day. I have re-typed the Father's day card that my 12 year-old daughter typed up and printed using the Hotel's computer. These are the kinds of words I hope all Fathers get to hear, at least once and awhile. I am very grateful for them. Here is what she wrote to me (verbatim, I didn't even have to correct spelling):

"There are not enough words to express how grateful we are to have such a great Dad. Not only do you come to our ceremonies and games, but when you don't you're somewhere else working as hard as you can to suport us as a family. We also want to thank you for the small things you do for us, like making dinner or picking out a wonderful movie for us to watch together. Not to mention that you're the reason we are now on vacation. There, of course, have been some challenges this Father's Day. We had hoped to bring you cards we had already bought and signed, but unfortunately we forget to pack them. We wish you a wonderful Father's Day anyway, to the best Dad anyone could ask for!"

I'm a fortunate father to have a daughter like that, wouldn't you agree?

No comments: